One of the most important things you can do for smooth and glowing skin is drink plenty of water. Your aim should be to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. Water helps the body flush out toxins and waste. Avoid sugary drinks, alcohol and carbonated drinks. Also try to eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content. Washing your face at least twice a day with water will also help improve your skin’s health and appearance.
Fenugreek is known worldwide for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can make a paste by mixing a few teaspoons of boiled milk and fenugreek leaves. Apply the paste as a face mask on regular basis to delay fine lines and wrinkles.
- To help heal pimples and clear away blackheads, boil one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a liter of water and apply it to the affected skin area. A face mask made of fenugreek leaves and turmeric is ideal for blackhead-prone skin.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can be used to cleanse your skin, lighten spots and scars, as well as soften and smooth it.
- This citrus-rich fruit contains cleansing enzymes that remove dead skin cells and make your skin smoother and fresher. With its excellent astringent properties, lemon is a great natural cleanser for people who haveoily skin.
- To lighten dark spots and acne marks, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it to your entire face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- For soft, smooth skin, mix lemon juice and egg whites and heat the mixture on low flame for a few seconds. Allow it to cool and then apply it to your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an effective scar and stretch mark remover. Some people can be allergic to the oil, so it is highly recommended to try it first on your inner wrist area before applying it to your face.
- To heal a pimple quickly, use a cotton swab to apply tea tree oil directly on the affected area every few hours. About one hour before going to bed, apply vitamin E oil and leave it on overnight.
Fresh tomato is an excellent natural skin toner, and tomato paste can help treat pimples.
- To make your skin soft and smooth, mash some fresh tomatoes in a blender or grinder. Apply the mashed tomato to your face. Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash it off with water. Daily use can help reduce the size of your pores and result in smoother, glowing skin.
- You can also use tomato paste to heal pimples. Apply it to the affected area and leave it on for an hour, then wash with water.
Papaya contains a natural enzyme known as papain that has antibacterial and wound-healing abilities. The enzyme also aids in removing dead, damaged skin.
- To use papaya as a skin toner, mash a few pieces of ripe papaya and apply it as a facial mask. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Regular application of papaya juice helps reduce freckles or brown spots due to sun exposure. For extra skin lightening effect, add a slice of lemon to the papaya juice.
Cucumber contains great hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties. They have the same pH as skin so they help restore the skin’s natural acid mantle, which protects it from bacteria and other contaminants.
- Regular use of a cucumber face mask can prevent pimples, blackheads, wrinkles and dry skin. To make the face mask, mix some oats, cucumber and milk. Apply the mask to your face and neck area, leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- You can also use cucumber as a cleanser. Just mix cucumber juice with milk and use it instead of other cleansers.
Honey is another natural ingredient that you can use to get smooth skin.
- Apply raw honey to your face and neck, leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. This simple remedy will make your skin soft and smooth.
- Another option is to mix an egg white with honey and apply it to your face for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and a delicate soap to remove the smell from the egg white.
- You can also make a thick paste with honey and cinnamon powder. Apply it to your face and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water.
Mint can be used in a few different ways to improve the look of your skin. The mint plant contains menthol that gives it a cooling effect.
- To get rid of pimples, apply fresh mint juice on your face every night.
- For a soothing body pack, make a paste of mint leaves, lemon juice and warm water. Apply it all over your body. Allow it to dry on its own and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Drinking lemonade with crushed mint leaves will cool your body and help clear your skin.
Turmeric is an herb that can be used to treat a multitude of skin problems. It has antiseptic properties, and also can be used to lighten blemishes and pigmentation.
- Mix turmeric powder with milk to make a paste. Apply it to your face and neck area daily for beautiful and flawless skin.
- To treat dark circles under your eyes, make a paste of turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
- To rejuvenate dry, parched skin, use a mixture of turmeric and sandalwood paste.
These easy and inexpensive home remedies can help you achieve smooth and flawless skin. With a little patience and a regular skin care regime, you’ll get the soft and supple skin you desire.